AIR COMPRESSOR KEEPS CUTTING ON AND OFF, CH

2006 Saturn Ion

Gagirl24

July, 14, 2010 AT 1:27 PM

Air Conditioning problem
2006 Saturn Ion 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 81004 miles

My air conditioner just started blowing warm air sometimes and the compressor keeps cutting on and off, had the level checked for refrig and it is full? Also today my engine light came on and the car is driving fine?

saturntech9

July, 14, 2010 AT 1:37 PM

I would go to a auto parts store like auto zone and have your code's read and let me know what the number's are. Also is your cooling fan on when your a/c is cycling?What were your a/c pressure's when they checked and made sure your charge was full.

Gagirl24

July, 14, 2010 AT 2:00 PM

Ok I will go and have the codes looked at. Just wondered if it had anything to do with the air problem. Yes, my fan is on and for a while I did get some cool air, but then the warm air would come out and I could feel the compressor turning off and on, clicking. The guage the man used showed the level to be in the blue area which he told me was full.

saturntech9

July, 14, 2010 AT 2:10 PM

Lets wait and see what code's we have and go from there. As far as a/c goes you start with making sure the a/c is not over charged or under charged and then you look at the high side and low side pressure's for diagnoses.

Gagirl24

July, 14, 2010 AT 9:20 PM

Got the code, it is PO106 map/Baro CKT Range/perf

and I have been to a couple of auto shops around town here and they have all said in order to look at the air conditioner problem they have to recharge and put the dye in, a charge of $95-$115 dollars then tell me what is wrong and then another charge of course to fix it. I am a female and want to make sure they are not playing a game with me. My dad raced and I do know a little about cars but nothing on the air conditioner! Thanks

saturntech9

July, 15, 2010 AT 12:07 PM

First of all thank you so much for your donation. As far as the a/c that's right I would pull all the charge out see how much the machine recovered to see if it was full if it wasn't full then I would fill it to the proper level and add dye so I could start looking for leak's. Then I would check the high and low pressure's and make sure that they were in the normal range. If they aren't then I would determine what was wrong to cause them not to be. Now on your code P0106 do you have a 2.0 2.2 or a 2.4 engine size. Let me know so I can get you the correct information on your code.

Air Conditioner Recharge - Simple
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chevy 1500
Serpentine Belt Replacement Acura MDX
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chrysler