2005 SATURN ION KEY WONT TURN TO START CAR

• cforman
  • 2005 Saturn Ion

2005 Saturn Ion 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 80000 miles

about a yr ago I replaced the anti theft lock sensor or fuse and now the key wont turn and car wont move I was wondering is it a switch or the ignition lock cylinder I think that means that the inside guts of where the key goes is worn out or it is the key but I dont think so what do I do and how to replace it without taking it to dealer or mechanic

Saturday, October 16th, 2010 AT 4:56 PM

• saturntech9

So is the key cylinder stuck in the lock position?Have You tried moving the steering wheel while turning the key?Does the key look worn down?

Saturday, October 16th, 2010 AT 7:55 PM
  • cforman

Yes I have tried moving the steering wheel and the key does look a little worn down thats why I think its the cylinder but I think it can be the switch or the connections thats what it says online at least?

Sunday, October 17th, 2010 AT 11:38 AM
  • saturntech9

A worn down key could cause the cylinder not to turn.I would go to a chevy dealer with the last eight of your vin number and have them cut you a new key not a copy of your old worn key and try that. Also you could try tapping on the ignition cylinder with a hammer then try turning it. To replace the ignition cylinder you have to get the cylinder to turn freely to the run and acc position. Let me know what you find.

Sunday, October 17th, 2010 AT 4:41 PM