ENGINE WILL START THEN DIE IN ABOUT 4 SECON

2005 Saturn Ion

Roverboy74

October, 19, 2010 AT 10:10 PM

2005 Saturn Ion 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 114000 miles

I have checked codes and there are no codes present. I checked fuel pressure and it is 55 PSI The check engine light was on but I cleared it and it has not come back on. The passlock light was on and I reset it. The car will start and run for about 4 seconds then die. It runs smooth then begins to run rough and dies.

Cj Stalling When Idling

Stalling Out

October, 19, 2010 AT 10:44 PM

Hi Roverboy74, Welcome to 2carpros and TY for the donation

When it dies after that 4 secs, does it start back up with no problem or you have to wait-let me know

Roverboy74

October, 20, 2010 AT 10:11 AM

The car will start right up with no waiting period and will run fine for 3 of the 4 seconds then runs rough and dies.

October, 20, 2010 AT 3:13 PM

Hook up a fuel pressure tester and monitor the pressure before it dies, if okay-test the powertrain relay and the run/crank relay in the underhood fuse block

Angry

June, 9, 2012 AT 7:08 PM

Similar problem on 2005 Ion 2, 29K miles

saturntech9

June, 9, 2012 AT 10:36 PM

Angry if you could please start your own question it would be less confusing and a whole lot easier on me looking for your responses. Start your question with this one is for saturntech9 with complete details on what the problem is and they will leave it for me. Iam the saturn expert on here.