STEERING FLUID COMPARTMENT

2004 Saturn Ion

gracieap

October, 25, 2009 AT 10:07 PM

Steering problem
2004 Saturn Ion 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 32000. Miles

need to add fluid to my steering. Don't know where it is in my car cause car light goes on saying steering fluid.

saturntech9

October, 25, 2009 AT 10:17 PM

If u have a 04 ion it has a electric steering no fluid. When the message comes on do u lose powersteering?
Louie

gracieap

October, 25, 2009 AT 10:43 PM

Yes it is hard to drive. I thought all cars needed power steering fluid?

saturntech9

October, 26, 2009 AT 2:31 AM

You don't need fluid when u have electric steering they use a motor to steer most likely u have a bad steering motor u probably have a code in the power steering control module for a motor short they sell the motor seperate now. Let me know what u find an how it goes.
Louie

gracieap

October, 26, 2009 AT 10:00 AM

Loue,
Last night I asked a question about my 2004 Saturn Ion. My son borrowed my car yesterday to help a friend of his. He gave his friend a jump. My battery is in the trunk. He said he opened the hood and saw a negative and positive post thinking it was the battery. So he connected the cables and jumped his friends cars and said it took awhile but his friends car started up. When he got back into my car the light went on and said power steering. I know that must of caused the problem I think lol. Anyhow he was able to drive the car back home to me but he said it was difficult to turn the wheel. What should I do. And do you think it will cost alot to repair? I don't know what to do.

gracieap

October, 27, 2009 AT 12:51 AM

saturntech9

October, 27, 2009 AT 9:50 PM

Open up the underhood fuse box look at the big square fuses there's a clear window on them u can see thru look and see which are blown replace them. Let me know how it goes.
Louie

Replace Your Turn Signal Switch Like a Pro
Power Steering Fluid Change Kia Sportage