2008 SATURN ASTRA 2008 SATERN ASTRA XR HEADLIGHT PROBLEMS

• JamesNeedsHelp
  • 2008 Saturn Astra

2008 Saturn Astra 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 21,150 miles

Hi I am having a problem with my satern astra I left the car sitting for 1 month and when I went to start it the battery was dead so I unhooked it to get it charged when I put it and went to start the car the hazards turned on and keep turning on each time I put it in ignition but the car started and drove but then I relized that the headlights were flickering like a strobe light and wuold not stop even when I turned them off please help I think the security need reset or something? Any help will be greatly appeciated Thank you

Tuesday, December 1st, 2009 AT 5:47 AM

• 2CarPros Mike
  • 711 posts

Try locking and unlocking the drivers door 3 or 4 times with an original key to reset the alarm. You may have to go to the dealer to have the alarm reset with their scan tool.

Friday, December 4th, 2009 AT 3:32 PM
  • JamesNeedsHelp

Hi it does not work. Do you know if there is any way to disconect the alarm to see if it is causing the problems before I take it to the dealers? Thanks much appeciated

Friday, December 4th, 2009 AT 4:42 PM
  • 2CarPros Mike
  • 711 posts

Try disconnecting the battery for an hour and let the system try to reset properly. If it continues to malfunction, it sounds like the alarm module has failed.

Wednesday, December 16th, 2009 AT 1:17 PM