1997 SAAB 900 CHECK ENGINE & CHECK GEAR BOX LIGHT ON

• jamesappleton
  • 1997 SAAB 900

1997 Saab 900 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 128000 miles

Just bought the car yerterday. It ran perfect.

Started it up today after sitting all night and the check engine & check gear box light came on and stayed on. I tried shutting off and restarting a few times and the lights stay on.
Question - Any idea what the problem can be and how do I find out?
Next question - is it possible for someone to reset the code where it won't show up for a day or so. This was a private sale and I'm thinking I got fooled into this one.

Friday, September 10th, 2010 AT 3:16 PM

• mnthny4
  • 616 posts

Yes it is possible for light to be turned off, take care to auto parts store & have them tell u the codes in the system, then post them back

Wednesday, October 6th, 2010 AT 2:59 PM
  • chathamsue

I would love to know what the outcome was on this one. I am considering the same car with the same lights on. 1997 900s with 80,000 miles. Saw car thurs p.M. - No lights. Friday the lights came on. Sunday they didn't. Aslo is it normal for brake lights to come on, step on brakes and they go off? Thanks for the help

Sunday, January 15th, 2012 AT 10:31 PM