CHECK ENGINE & CHECK GEAR BOX LIGHT ON

1997 SAAB 900

jamesappleton

September, 10, 2010 AT 3:16 PM

1997 Saab 900 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 128000 miles

Just bought the car yerterday. It ran perfect.

Started it up today after sitting all night and the check engine & check gear box light came on and stayed on. I tried shutting off and restarting a few times and the lights stay on.
Question - Any idea what the problem can be and how do I find out?
Next question - is it possible for someone to reset the code where it won't show up for a day or so. This was a private sale and I'm thinking I got fooled into this one.

mnthny4

October, 6, 2010 AT 2:59 PM

Yes it is possible for light to be turned off, take care to auto parts store & have them tell u the codes in the system, then post them back

chathamsue

I would love to know what the outcome was on this one. I am considering the same car with the same lights on. 1997 900s with 80,000 miles. Saw car thurs p.M. - No lights. Friday the lights came on. Sunday they didn't. Aslo is it normal for brake lights to come on, step on brakes and they go off? Thanks for the help