SIDE LIGHTS

2004 Renault Clio

Telecaster

March, 14, 2009 AT 2:55 AM

2004 Renault Clio 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 13.600 miles

Would anyone know why neither the tail lights, Front side lights or Instrument panel illumination work on my daughters Clio 2004.
All fuses are ok, along with bulbs.
The Dipped headlights, + main beam are ok as are the brake lights, fog lights and indicators.

Could it be the switch on steering column?

Please please, I am pulling my hair out.

Light Codes

Lighting Issue

Dave H

March, 14, 2009 AT 6:22 AM

Hello .. thanks for the donation .. much appreciated

The light's you are describing all work from the first position on the switch and all work off the same fuse .. so if the fuse for sidelight's is definately OK .. then I would be next checking with a voltmeter that you are getting power to the switch .. and i believe you are as the low beams are also controlled by this switch ... So it is possible the swtich is not grounding/earthing the wire to the sidelight's circuit .. you could either replace the switch as it could be the connection inside not making contact ...or locate the wire on the switch connector, which actually adds a ground/earth to the sidelight's and manually add a ground/earth to see if the sidelight's work !! We do not have a wiring diagram for this vehicle i'm afraid as this model was not released in the USA .. your local library or autoparts store should be able to supply a repair manual for the vehicle ... hope this helps .. let me know

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/266999_smiley5_2.png

Blend Door Actuator Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Open Hood Video