RAD FAN

• TroyKing696
  • 2004 HYUNDAI ACCENT

My accent have a problem with Rad fan speed. My recent prob caused me to replace the radiator cap, water pump, thermostat and rad coil cap. But this does not solve the problem with the fan speed. It still does not kick in. When I removed the thermo sensor connector, The fan kick in but I cant monitor my temperature. When I reconnect, the fan went to slow mode and the air con does not cool. Please advise. Tq

Sunday, May 26th, 2013 AT 3:48 AM

• Hmac300

Check fuses and fusible lindk and elay s in underhood box. There are two relays for rad fan

Sunday, May 26th, 2013 AT 8:41 AM
  • TroyKing696

Hello hmac300,

Thank you for your input. However, I have carried out all the suggestion and found all fuses and relays in good condition.

I have yet to check the voltage at the fan motor. But, in your experience, is this related to the ECU faulty?

Awaiting your early reply.

Thanks,
King

Sunday, May 26th, 2013 AT 10:50 PM
  • Hmac300

The ecu only turns the fan on via the relay from the signal it gets when engine is warm. Bu check the relays for the condenser fan as one of those also turns rad fan on and the two fusible links in box as those could be burnt and affect voltage to rad fan. But yo might have a bearing/bushing going bad in fan as well.

Monday, May 27th, 2013 AT 5:41 AM
  • TroyKing696

Hi mate,
I'll further check the related relays and fusible link tomorrow. I believed the motor mechanical parts is good since when it kick in by removed the thermo connector, it's went well with no sound or sign of any damaged bearing and bushing.
Will try to swap with each other with compatible amp. How bout the fuses and relay under the stering wheel in the cockpit area? Any link to the faulty?

Thanks,
King

Monday, May 27th, 2013 AT 6:18 AM
  • Hmac300

Nope just what I sent everything is underhood

Monday, May 27th, 2013 AT 6:19 AM