Welcome to 2CarPros.
I'm not 100% sure I understand, so I am going to attache the directions I have for replacement. Note that the steel lines that attach at the pump are screwed on. The directions show an exploded view of the system. Also, and I realize you don't need them, but it discusses the hoses at the pump as well. The attached pictures correlate with these directions.
POWER STEERING HOSES
imageOpen In New TabZoom/Print
Before removal of steering hose, drain the power steering oil.
1. Removal of pressure hose and tube.
1) Disconnect the pressure hose from the steering oil pump.
2) Loosen the bolt of pressure hose mounting clamp.
3) Remove the pressure/return tube clip mounting bolt.
4) Disconnect the pressure tube from the steering gear box, and then disconnect the pressure hose and the tube.
2. Removal of return hose and tube.
1) Disconnect the return hose from the oil reservoir.
2) Loosen the return tube clip mounting bolt.
3) Remove the return/pressure tube clip mounting bolt.
4) Disconnect the return tube from the steering gear box, and then disconnect the return hose and the tube.
3. Removal of suction hose.
1) Disconnect the suction hose from the steering oil reservoir.
2) Disconnect the suction hose.
Installation is the reverse of removal
- Install the hose lest they should be twisted and come in contact with any other parts.
- After installation, bleed the air.
1. Inspect the hose for cracks by twisting it by hand.
2. Check for interference between hose and the other parts.
Let me know if this helps. If it isn't what you need, if possible take a picture of where you are having the issue and upload it for me to see.
Images (Click to enlarge)
Tuesday, April 23rd, 2019 AT 8:53 PM