FRONT BRAKES

1993 Pontiac

cbwidow1

May, 2, 2007 AT 7:47 PM

I changed my front brakes but the bell still dings as soon as I hit the pedal and the brake light comes on. I know I did everything right. I work on cars as a hobby. Do I need to reset the code or can I just unhook the battery cable? I bought the car off a guy that really abused this car and let the brakes go down to the calipers. The rotors were really bad. The brakes work fine after I changed the rotors and pads. But wont stop dinging and the brake light wont go out.

Brake Rotor

Rotors

Service Writer

May, 2, 2007 AT 8:10 PM

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/30961_note_20.jpg

cbwidow1

May, 3, 2007 AT 5:47 PM

I have a 1993 Pontiac Bonneville, 4 door, with a 3800 engine V6, and the milage is 103,000 miles.

Service Writer

May, 3, 2007 AT 7:50 PM

Thank-you for the info, the model makes a big difference to check on info.

There are 2 main reasons for the light to come on: PArking brake pedal partially engaged, or low brake fluid in the M/C. IT may be affected if there is a problem with the ABS. If it has it.

Front Brake Pads & Rotor Replacement Chevy
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement Honda Element
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement Chevrolet
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement Toyota Tacoma
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front Ford
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front