NO POWER WINDOWS, LOCKS, REAR WIPER, B

2006 Pontiac Montana

aludlam

November, 9, 2010 AT 9:07 AM

2006 Pontiac Montana Automatic

Please help! Our power windows, power locks, rear windshield wiper and backup sensor have all stopped working at the same time. We have checked all the fuses. We have also looked under the carpet at the wiring harness. It looks great, with no evidence of any water damage. What could it be? Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Please help! Thank you so much!

November, 9, 2010 AT 9:30 AM

Any applicable fuses, did you check for voltage at the fuse circuit, use a voltage tester. Any voltage at the power window circuit breaker?

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/170934_montana_power_windows_1.jpg

aludlam

November, 9, 2010 AT 10:37 AM

You are so kind to respond back. I am here with my father who was a mechanic when he came home from WWII. He is determined that we are going to fix this while he is visiting. He does not understand the electronics and to be completely honest neither do I. He really wants to help me do this. I have a small voltage tester that lights up that we have used to test the fuses. When we pulled the power window circuit out, their was no voltage in that slot. Does that make any sense. My light did not light up when I put it into the hole. Thank you for all your help. Now what?

November, 9, 2010 AT 11:24 AM

Did you test it with the key on? My info says it gets voltage from the rap relay. Also, check bat 3 main fuse for voltage.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/170934_bat_3_main_fuse_1.jpg

aludlam

November, 9, 2010 AT 11:33 AM

No juice with the key off or on.

aludlam

November, 9, 2010 AT 11:51 AM

BAT 3 -- every time I put my tester to the fuse, the light came on. On further inspection the fuse is " broken", but I was pushing the two sides together with the tester and getting a connection. Does that make sense? I'm headed to the store to get another fuse. Do you think that it was the real problem, or just a symptom of something bigger?

November, 9, 2010 AT 11:59 AM

Yeah, it could be a bigger issue?

aludlam

November, 9, 2010 AT 3:17 PM

Thank you very much. We are very grateful.

Wiper Blade Replacement Toyota Prius
Windshield Wiper Replacement Toyota Corolla
Windshield Wiper Blade Replacement Volkswagen
Wiper Blade Replacement Chrysler PT Cruiser
Windshield Wiper Replacement Ford Explorer
Windshield Wiper Replacement Kia Sportage
Windshield Wiper Replacement Mercedes Benz ML