2004 Pontiac Grand Prix Noise and Shake

V433914
  • 2004 PONTIAC GRAND PRIX
Noise problem
2004 Pontiac Grand Prix 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic

I have a 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP. Whenever I am going between 45 and 55 mph is makes a loud moaning noise and shakes a little. This gets worse the further left I turn. It goes away completely when I turn right. I have checked the wheel barrings and they are fine. I checked the power steering fluid and it is good. I even changed the supercharger oil. Still having the trouble. If this helps I have also had the tires replaced and the rims changed durring the problem and it had no affect.
Sunday, September 28th, 2008 AT 5:49 PM

MASTERTECHTIM
Its a bad hub bearing. The only way to check it and actually feel the problem is to remove the hub bearing completely and spin it. You will not feel a loose bearing. Usually when turning left and noise gets louder its the drivers side bearing but not always, it can be decieving because the hub bearing uses a inner and a outer bearing. They are real easy to replace and dont cost alot. Id give that a shot.
Monday, September 29th, 2008 AT 6:43 PM