TRAMSMISSION PROBLEM

Pontiac Grand Am

cnote1101

November, 19, 2006 AT 9:30 PM

I resently purchased a 1994 Pontiac Grand Am with approx. 83500 miles on it. It appeared to be burning oil, but it seem to be bad. After driving it a couple days I began having a problem with it not moving when put in gear. I checked the trans fluid level and found it low, prompting me to add fluid and it would be fine until it sat for a while. Then the same thing would happen. I found the the transmission modulator was faulty and replaced it. This took care of the oil burning and the fluid level problem, but now it wont move when put in gear after it has sat for a while; usaully a few hours or so until it has been running for approx. 10 min.

What could cause this and what are the possible fixes for this problem?

98 Leaking/burning Oil

Uses Oil

bobby71

December, 9, 2006 AT 1:24 PM

What type of trans 3- 4 spd auto. Mine did the same thing. Took the trans apart and found the valve body was worn out. The boost valve and line pressure valve were leaking and getting stuck. Ity would not move until completly warm up. If you keep driving it you will burn up your input clutchs an break some thrust washers And the stove pipe gets beat up. Because you will floor the gas to try to get it move and then bang goes into gear. These 4t60e are very easy to rebuild but 6 hours to remove and 6 to install. That were the money comes in.

Crankcase Ventilation System
 Oil Change & Filter Replacement Honda Civic
Engine Oil Change and Filter BMW X5
Engine Oil Change and Filter Honda CR-V
Engine Oil Change and Filter Ford Bronco