GAS SMELL IN CAR

• Derek44
  • Pontiac Grand Am

Newbie, first post here!
I have a problem with a gas smell in the interior of my 1996 Grand Am GT. When I start it and have the heaterr/defroster on, It smells pretty bad, (gas smell). When I start to move, the smell subsides and I really can't smell it. Anyone tell me what the problem may be. Thanks

Wednesday, February 14th, 2007 AT 12:33 PM

• CHEVYII

Hey guy it sounds like you have a leak, you didnt metion engine but its a 3.1 or 3.4 check around the injectors which are very ard to see, make sure the fuel port is not leaking, there is something going on under there and we need your help to isolate the problem a little more this could be damgerous if you keep driving it like it is,

let me know what you find

jim

oh and leave some feedback if you were happy with your help, we all donate our time here helping others free of charge

Sunday, February 25th, 2007 AT 12:44 AM
  • jbpizza

I have a 2004 Pontiac, Grand Am, with the V6 3400 SVI with 50200 miles. When idling and driving at low speeds with the vent on the smell of exhaust comes through the vent. As speed increases (0-25mph) the smell is weaker until it is non-existent (25mph). Is this something that is recurrent with this model? What are some of the possible causes? Thanks.

Sunday, October 14th, 2007 AT 5:08 PM