99 GRAND AM SE POWERSTEERING HELP PLEASE!!??

• southie68
  • 1999 Pontiac Grand Am

I have a 1999 pontiac grand am SE V6 with 109000 miles. I drove it to the store one day and when I came out and tried backing out of my spot I couldnt turn the wheel. I had to force it in order to get back to the house. Luckily it was only 1 mile away. I checked the resivoir for the power steering fluid and it was completely empty. I bought another bottle of fluid and poured it in. Started the car and tried turning the wheel. Still nothing. I then looked in the engine for leaking. Nothing. Then looked under the car and saw all the fluid flowing out onto the ground. What do you think the problem is. And how do I get to these problem areas in order to fix it. I'd appreciate any help I can get!

Monday, February 12th, 2007 AT 2:22 PM

• CHEVYII

Hi
you really need to get under the vehicle to see if the leak is from the pump, hoses or from the rack itself, the fluid may be leaking from one of the bellows boots, ( boot on the rack ), and let me know

jim

Friday, February 16th, 2007 AT 6:35 AM