1989 Pontiac Firebird My blinkers dont work?

FIRST TIME FIREBIRD
  • 1989 PONTIAC FIREBIRD
I recently replaced the ignition lock cylinder on my 89 firebird formula. After the work was completed my right blinker would stay on solid (w/o blinking) I then replaced the blinker switch inside the dteering wheel. This did not solve the problem and furthered it by making both blinkers stay on solid and no taillights or brakelights when the break pedal is depressed. There is also a loud buzzing sound when the brake pedal is pressed without the car running. Any help would be appriciated.
Thursday, January 29th, 2009 AT 1:59 PM

LTKNT
If you did the work yourself, take the ignition lock out and inspect the wires in the steering colum. Make sure that everything is connected properly. Check the all fuses and relays. Re-install the old lock cylinder (If you still have it) and see if the problem gos away. If it dose, the new lock cylinder is is bad. Get a new one and install it. If the problem returns, have the cars electrical system checked by a mechanic.
Saturday, January 31st, 2009 AT 5:18 PM