1986 Pontiac Firebird Windshield Washer

SETACONE
  • 1986 PONTIAC FIREBIRD
The windshield washer won't spray washer fluid. The resevoir is full and the wipers move, but the fluid won't spray. I've checked the hose and it's connected to a motor and it has no holes or leaks. Would the problem be with the washer motor or circuitry?
Tuesday, July 22nd, 2008 AT 12:33 AM

MFULLING23
If you can get to your washer motor, pull the motor off by disconnecting any hoses and wires and you can connect it to a 9v battery to see if it works (put a wire on each side of the 9v battery and connect one to each of the pump. Doesn't matter which, it will just reverse pump flow). If it does, you may have a blown fuse. Good Luck
Thursday, August 14th, 2008 AT 5:11 PM
SOUTHERNBIRD
I've had my 1986 Firebird since it was ordered from the factory. Within 3 months of owning it, and with very little use of the windshield washer, the washer quit working. I took it to the dealer at least 3 times. They replaced the motor, checked the systerm etc, but it still would not work. And has not since. They said they didn't understand why. Go figure. I have had others check it over the years. They all said it should be working. No blockage, motor runs, plenty of fluid. Good luck. Please post if you find a solution to your problem.
Thursday, September 11th, 2008 AT 2:22 PM
SOUTHERNBIRD
BTW, you might try the windshield washer with the hood up to see if it works. Some one told me that the wires could be getting kinked when the hood is down.
Thursday, September 11th, 2008 AT 2:33 PM

Sponsored links