PO452 Trouble Code

HILO TOM
  • 2005 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE
My daughter's car scanned it and said PO452 NVLD pressure switch stuck closed. I checked the gas cap and looked good. I looked at some probable causes and the thing I came across was the leak detection valve mounted on the charcoal canister, is that something to look at?
Thursday, January 13th, 2022 AT 3:29 AM

SEAN M

Code P0452 can be triggered due to a few different reasons.
It could be for faulty wiring of the purge solenoid (typically shorted to ground), or the NVLD switch circuit shorted, faulty purge solenoid, it can even be an issue with the PCM.

What I have done is included the step-by-step trouble shooting guide for this issue below.
Follow those steps and it should help you determine the issue.

Please let me know of any questions.
Thank you.
Thursday, January 13th, 2022 AT 9:22 AM
HILO TOM
Sorry for getting back to you in a few days just to let you know that I was not able to do all the test because I don t have a scanner capable of doing certain test, but I changed the purge valve and the leak detection valve and so far, it s been very good now but thank you for all the information you gave me.
Saturday, January 15th, 2022 AT 4:16 PM
SEAN M
I am glad that it has worked out. Feel free to let me know if you come across anything.
Thank you.
Saturday, January 15th, 2022 AT 5:12 PM

Sponsored links