GRAND

1993 Plymouth Voyager

dannykwest

February, 19, 2007 AT 9:46 PM

I am thinking about buying this Mini-Van, but I noticed a noise and vibration when turning to the right and accelerating. The grunching sound and vibration come from the left when turning to the right. The noise and vibration are not noticeable when accelerating while driving down the road. There are not any clicking noises while turning so I don't think the problem is in the cv joints.

I was thinking the problem may be in the front wheel bearing. Or perhaps you could tell me if a transmission could cause this noise.(I hope not).

Thanks for any advice.

bootdog

February, 20, 2007 AT 5:03 PM

Check the wheel bearings first. Lift up the front of the vehicle with the emergency brake on, the front tires hanging, and the car in neutral. Spin both tires, one at a time while touching the strut spring. If you feel a vibration going through the strut spring then that is the side you have a bad bearing on.

Wheel Bearing Replacement
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Rear
Front Brake Pads & Rotor Replacement Chevy
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement Honda Rear
Replace Rear Brake Pad-Rotor Subaru Legacy