1993 GRAND VOYAGER IGNITION SWITCH

• diantro809
  • 1993 Plymouth Voyager

Can anybody tell us how to replace the ignition switch in a 1993 plymouth grand voyager. It has a 3.3 engine and about 100,000 miles. It was running great, then nothing, battery, starter, alternator all good. Haynes Manual we have only gives directions on 1990 and before (no airbags).

Saturday, March 10th, 2007 AT 6:10 PM

• Bruno Schielzeth

Disconnect the battery and wait at least 20 minutes so you don't accidently set off the airbag. You will probably need a tamper-proof Torx driver Snap-Oh #TTXR15A2 or TTXR20A2, but only one of mine were tamper proof Torx screws. I just had a cheap #20 Torx bit modified with a 1/16" hole in the center of it. If your van has a tilt steering wheel, unscrew the tilt control lever, remove the four or so Torx screws from the bottom side of the column cover and pull the covers off. The ignition switch is held in by a couple of screws and a couple of plugs. Just unplug it and put in a new assembly. It took me all of 10 minutes. The parts, new lock and ignition switch, cost about $70-$90.

Monday, April 16th, 2007 AT 6:59 AM