REMOVAL & INSTALLATION - A/T - Plymouth Grand Voyager
Removal (Caravan & Voyager)
1. Disconnect negative battery cable. Remove air cleaner and air intake hose. Disconnect throttle valve linkage and shift cable from control levers on transaxle. Disconnect necessary electrical connectors from transaxle.
2. Disconnect oil cooler lines from transaxle. Support engine with appropriate engine support fixture. Raise and support vehicle. Remove front wheels. Remove axle shafts from transaxle. See appropriate FWD AXLE SHAFTS article in DRIVE AXLES.
3. Remove torque converter cover. Place reference mark on torque converter and flexplate for reassembly reference. Rotate engine clockwise and remove torque converter bolts.
4. Remove engine mount bracket from front crossmember. Remove front (radiator side) engine mount through-bolt. Support transaxle with transmission jack.
5. Remove rear (firewall side) engine mount bracket. Remove through-bolt from driver's side transaxle mount assembly. Remove driver's side transaxle mount assembly from transaxle. Remove starter.
6. Remove transaxle-to-cylinder block bolts. Slide transaxle from engine. Install "C" clamp on edge of transaxle housing to hold torque converter in place. Lower transaxle and remove transaxle assembly from vehicle.
Saturday, August 2nd, 2008 AT 9:51 PM