VOLTAGE REGULATOR

Plymouth Reliant

slowturtle

November, 12, 2006 AT 7:12 PM

Could you tell me where to find the voltage regulator on an 89 plymouth reliant. Mileage is 78000.
thanks.

Jacobandnickolas

March, 22, 2009 AT 12:23 PM

It could be one of three places. It could be an integral part of the alternator, a box on the firewall, or part of the computer. Check the back of the alt, and the firewall. If nothing is found, it's in the computer.

March, 22, 2009 AT 12:57 PM

Just to add, the info shows the alternator field circuit is controlled by the computer.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/170934_reliant_1.jpg

If your molded connector looks like the picture, the two smaller terminals are for the field terminals, engine running, one is hot, the other has a pulse.

Hey Jacobandnickolas I wasn't trying to jump your post, I'm a slow typer, plus, I have to look it up, I can't do it from memory. good-day

Jacobandnickolas

March, 22, 2009 AT 2:44 PM

Not a problem. I appreciate the help because I don't know where to find the pictures. I can't get then from mitchell online. Where do you find them?

March, 22, 2009 AT 4:40 PM

Hi, the alternator picture came from www. Showmetheparts. Com/airtex/

The first page is for parts, there should be a link at the top, that says, technical resources, click on that, the next page should ask for year--make--model, has engine wiring diagrams and component locations. It doesn't have everything, but, it's interesting.

Sometimes, I'll look up the part in an online partsbook, like napa-- autozone-- rockauto. If the picture has enough detail, I post the picture. Sometimes I save the picture in paint, then I can add text and draw lines in the picture, then post.

I forgot to add the. Com on the link, a while ago, it should work now

Jacobandnickolas

March, 22, 2009 AT 8:58 PM

Thanks again! I really appreciate it.

March, 23, 2011 AT 8:29 AM

Its no.2 on the pic-my guess its on the firewall/fender its mounted seperately-Easter hunt time

March, 23, 2011 AT 8:32 AM

Oops!

Alternator testing done right
Alternator Replacement Chevrolet Silverado
Alternator Replacement Ford Super Duty
Serpentine Belt Replacement
Serpentine Belt Replacement Acura MDX