Ignition fuse blows when starting

DHESS62
  • 1999 PLYMOUTH BREEZE
Four cylinder front wheel drive automatic 130,000 miles.

My vehicle keeps blowing the ignition fuse when I try to start it. All you hear is the starter solenoid kick in (makes a "tink" sound) and then the fuse blows, the engine never even gets a chance to crank. I replaced the first blown fuse about a week ago when diagnosing the problem and things were fine, but now it is to the point where you cannot even start the car at all. Any help would be appreciated.
Wednesday, October 14th, 2009 AT 9:06 AM

DOCFIXIT
Is the fuse #8 20 amp located in power distribution center?
+7
Wednesday, October 14th, 2009 AT 9:25 AM
DHESS62
I will have to take a look. I believe the fuse that is blowing is a 10 amp fuse in a slot marked Ignition, but I will double check that and get back to you.
-1
Friday, October 16th, 2009 AT 1:44 PM
DHESS62
Yes, it is a 20 amp fuse in a slot called Ignition in the fuse box under the hood.
+3
Monday, October 19th, 2009 AT 8:46 PM
DOCFIXIT
That fuse powers fuel pump, ASD relay, ignition and starter relay. Suspect faulty starter and the "tink" is it engaging then drawing too many Amps blows fuse. Try this in PDC relay/fuse box under hood remove starter relay try and start does fuse not blow? If yes then starter.
+3
Tuesday, October 20th, 2009 AT 7:08 AM
DHESS62
Okay great, I will go give that a try a and let you know what happens. Thank you for the information.
+1
Tuesday, October 20th, 2009 AT 8:10 AM
DHESS62
Is this the same fuse box that the fuse that keeps blowing is in? I do not see a starter relay in this fuse box. Here is a picture of the inside cover of the fuse box that contains the fuse:

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/421444_100_4757_1.jpg

Tuesday, October 20th, 2009 AT 2:47 PM
DHESS62
In my last reply what I meant to say is, "this is the fuse box that the 20 amp fuse which keeps blowing is in". I took a picture of the lid so you can tell me which relay to pull since I do not see one specifically marked "starter relay" I looked in the fuse panel inside the car as well and there is no starter relay in there either.
Tuesday, October 20th, 2009 AT 3:18 PM
DOCFIXIT
Just to right of where picture stops there are four relays, two fan and the ASD and starter relay.
Tuesday, October 20th, 2009 AT 3:25 PM