DIAGNOSTIC CODE P0700 AND P1776 (AUTOZ

1997 Plymouth Breeze

leiannie

July, 19, 2008 AT 10:44 AM

Noises problem
1997 Plymouth Breeze 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 171000 miles

My Breeze is overheating and the codes P0700 and P1776 came up on AutoZone's diagnostics. On short trips, it drives like normal. If I go very far, maybe a 30-minute trip, I lose power. It becomes more difficult to accelerate and when I let my foot off the gas, it immediately has a drastic drop in speed. Then maybe 5 minutes after that happens, my thermostat starts rising. Then when I pull over and turn the car off, I hear a bubbling sound. HELP!

July, 19, 2008 AT 12:03 PM

Hi leiannie,

Thanks for the donation.

Both the codes listed are related to the transmission and is not very comprehensive. You need to get a detailed scan to find out what are the possible causes. A diagnostic scanner is required instead of the code scanner.

The overheating could be due to high rpm caused by the faulty transmission. Does the rpm rev very high while driving when it loses power?

Camshaft Angle Sensor Replacement P0015
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Catalytic Converter Replacement Volkswagen
Fuel Pump Replacement