P2004 ON MY 2.3L

2003 Ford Focus

Tiny

Taytheking

March, 1, 2014 AT 6:20 AM

Went to the dealership, was told that it was the imrc actuator, I took apart what I believed is the vac actuator, I wanted to know if this is the correct piece. I also wanted to know if there is a small test I can preform on the actuator while it's out the car to see if it is indeed the correct piece.

More information: I have two imrc solenoid on top of the intake. And followed the one of the right to get the the actuator that I pulled out. I assumed that this is the bank 1, the bank that is giving me the code p2004. Did I pull out the right one for bank 1 or is it the other "actuator" that is connected to the solenoid on the right side that is giving me the cel. I'll include pictures.

If I was indeed right the whole time can someone direct me to where I can buy a new actuator.

FOUND 17084 RELATED QUESTIONS

9 Answers

Tiny

Taytheking

March, 1, 2014 AT 6:25 AM

Here is what I think is the actuator.

Tiny

Taytheking

March, 1, 2014 AT 6:32 AM

The two solenoids on the top of intake, the one of the right was connected to the piece it took out

Tiny

Taytheking

March, 1, 2014 AT 6:34 AM

Alil hard to see but that's the spot where I took the piece from you can see the vac line there. What looks like the other solenoid is connected too is that grayish piece in the middle (the second actuator?)

Tiny

Wrenchtech

March, 1, 2014 AT 8:44 AM

Why are you so confident that component is the cause of the code? There are 22 pages of tests to resolve that code.

Tiny

Taytheking

March, 1, 2014 AT 10:22 AM

The mechanic told me it was under the throttle body, on the right side of the intake, which vac lines in it. So that's where I looked and found. I also followed the right solenoid to get to that piece. So I'm like 80% sure. That's why I'm here. For the other 20%.

Tiny

Taytheking

March, 1, 2014 AT 10:22 AM

The mechanics, told me it was actuator. As they checked out my car for the day.

Tiny

Wrenchtech

March, 1, 2014 AT 11:50 AM

You can't assume that is the problem. There are a dozen other reasons that code could set.

Tiny

Taytheking

March, 1, 2014 AT 2:33 PM

The mechanics told me it was the actuator and they had a hard time looking for the part so they let me have my car back till they can find and buy the part somewhere. So I now have the opportunity to fix the problem myself after getting the free check up. Can you answer my question please.

Tiny

Wrenchtech

March, 1, 2014 AT 3:06 PM

Being that it's an inline 4 cylinder car, I have nothing to identify bank 1 from bank 2 since it only has one bank. You can test the actuators with a hand vacuum pump to determine if they are working properly. As far as purchasing one, the dealer is the one and only place that I believe sells this.

Please login or register to post a reply.

Code Read Retrieval/Clear Mercedes-Benz C230
Code Read Retrieval/Clear Mercedes Benz
How to gather codes Ford Explorer
 Step by Step video GMC Yukon XL 2000-2006
Code Read Retrieval/Clear
Code Read Retrieval/Clear Honda Civic
Read Codes Like a Pro