EMISSIONS WARNING LIGHT

2002 Opel Astra

tonybarry16

September, 14, 2008 AT 7:11 AM

2002 Opel Astra 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 66000 miles

Engine light has been turned off by opel dealer 3 times and light keep coming on. They changed the oil, oil filter, plugs and air filter but keep coming on. What will I do next

Dr. Hagerty

September, 14, 2008 AT 9:39 AM

What is the reason the light is coming on?

tonybarry16

September, 14, 2008 AT 12:08 PM

Its the emissions light that is coming on. I brought the car to my local dealer 3 times now. First time they said it was misfiring Second time they said that something was sticking on the car so they changed the Oil filter, the oil, a spark plug and put a seal on a plug. Before all this they said the head Gasket could be gone. I had a friend check the car and he said its not showing signs of the gasket being gone ( its not over heating its not losing water. Its driving normal) I really dont know what to do.

PS: u have to forgive me I dont know a whole lot about cars. But I am learning

Dr. Hagerty

September, 14, 2008 AT 8:25 PM

Okay Tony, lets work together. I see that there is a problem with the emissions and it is with an OBDII car so the faults can be identified with a code scanner, do you know someone with a code scanner or can you justify the purchase price of this equipment? It might be about 100 US dollars or so. Keep in touch mate and lets get your car fixed.

opel parts greece

October, 4, 2008 AT 12:06 AM

Looks like either oxygen sensor or catalyst!

For more details and help adress to us
OPEL PARTS GREECE
E-mail: alpharm@otenet. Gr
Online: Opelparts@hotmail. Com
Skype: Opelparts

Fail Your Smog Test? Fix it Fast
Oxygen Sensor Replacement Honda Civic 1996-20
Oxygen Sensor Replacement Dodge Stratus