1995 Oldsmobile Silhouette Overdrive

CHADCH
  • 1995 OLDSMOBILE SILHOUETTE
My 95 olds silouhette has overdrive issues. For the first twenty minutes or so of driving it will shift into overdrive and lock out, but after that it goes out of overdrive into drive (from 1,600 rpms to 2600 rpms at 60 mph) had codes read on it. Three of the ones that came up were the throttle position sensor PO123, shift solenoid B PO755, and one was PO740 TCC error. I replaced the thottle position sensor and the first two codes I just mentioned went away but it didn't change anything. It shifts fine up until overdrive, doesn't slip at all, but it's killin' my gas mileage. Any thoughts?
Saturday, February 13th, 2010 AT 4:45 PM

XXXXXXXX
Could somebody answer this. I have the same problem. 95 Silhouette. On the freeway at about 70 rpms are at about 2200. Then after driving 20 or so miles it jumps to 3000 rpm and stays there. If I pull over turn it off and park for a while, start it back up it will be fine for a while and then go back to 3000 rpm again. Could somebody please answer this. Thanks
Wednesday, March 3rd, 2010 AT 2:58 AM
IFFIT
I am now having the same issue. Did you guys figure out why its doing this. Please help me.
Monday, July 4th, 2011 AT 11:49 AM