WHERE IS THE THERMOSTAT LOCATED IN 2002 SILHOUETTE

• schaefecrew
  • 2002 Oldsmobile

I need to replace the thermostat in my 2002 Oldsmobile Silhouette (AWD, 89,000 miles) but I cannot seem to locate it. I've changed many thermostats before, but I cannot locate anything that looks remotely familiar. I managed to find the thermostat housing, which is a long pipe with the radiator hose connected to it. Do I need to remove the pipe completely to get to the thermostat? The owner's manual is worthless and there is no diagram of the engine anywhere, any help you can provide will greatly be appreciated.

Thursday, February 15th, 2007 AT 9:16 PM

• CHEVYII

The thermostat is located on the left side of the engine under a crossover pipe if you look closely you can see the housing there are two or three 13 mm bolts holding it in , it loks like a bear to do but it really isnt if you have the right tools, good luck and if you need more help let me knwo

jim

-1
Saturday, February 17th, 2007 AT 5:31 PM