COMPUTER RELATED DECELLERATION AT HIGHWAY SPEEDS

• deguyz
  • Oldsmobile

2002 Bravada all wheel drive. Engine is a vortec 4200 with 107,000 miles. At 70 mph the accellerator seems to stop working until the speed reaches 30mph. After stopping the car on the side of the road, I can step on the gas and bring it back up to 70mph. It maintains the speed for awhile and then does it again. 7 times this happend within 80 miles. The next day I drove it 25 miles before it happend again. The engine never stalls out and it not misfiring. No engine lights came on during this time. I am sorry, at this time I am not financally able to make an electronic donation. I will be happy to as soon as I can. I'm on a fixed income and my check comes in on the first. I cannot put my car in the repair shop for the same reasons. Thank you in advance for your help

Sunday, November 18th, 2007 AT 5:59 PM

• rasmataz

Could be both at the same time causing the problem BTDT and also a wiring/connection problems.

As for your ghetto blaster having the right battery capacity and a good working alternator wiill make your sounds sounding off.

Then again if you have an electrical short causing the the battery to drain-you'll be back to numero uno-

Monday, September 10th, 2007 AT 5:38 AM
  • sdcuneo

Well right now im at school, but after school im pretty much going straight to autozone and im going to have them check it just to be safe so that I know for sure that it is in fact either the alternator, or the battery, or like you said, both.

What's BTDT?

Monday, September 10th, 2007 AT 7:30 AM
  • rasmataz

= Been there done that

Monday, September 10th, 2007 AT 4:06 PM
  • sdcuneo

I did finally make it to autozone and they tested my car, and all they came up with is that it was just a simple dead battery (since the *loaner* bettery was in there, there was in fact, nothing wrong).

Apparently I was the 3rd person in that day with the same problem. It's been extremely hot and humid around here lately.

But I got one almost exactly the same for about 50 bucks, not bad I dont think, especially since I needed one with top and side post terminals. :D

Monday, September 10th, 2007 AT 5:55 PM
  • rasmataz

Well am glad that you got it taken care off- Always perform all the basics when you have a car problem-you never know

Monday, September 10th, 2007 AT 6:17 PM