COMPUTER RELATED DECELLERATION AT HIGHWAY SPEEDS

Oldsmobile

deguyz

November, 18, 2007 AT 5:59 PM

2002 Bravada all wheel drive. Engine is a vortec 4200 with 107,000 miles. At 70 mph the accellerator seems to stop working until the speed reaches 30mph. After stopping the car on the side of the road, I can step on the gas and bring it back up to 70mph. It maintains the speed for awhile and then does it again. 7 times this happend within 80 miles. The next day I drove it 25 miles before it happend again. The engine never stalls out and it not misfiring. No engine lights came on during this time. I am sorry, at this time I am not financally able to make an electronic donation. I will be happy to as soon as I can. I'm on a fixed income and my check comes in on the first. I cannot put my car in the repair shop for the same reasons. Thank you in advance for your help

September, 10, 2007 AT 5:38 AM

Could be both at the same time causing the problem BTDT and also a wiring/connection problems.

As for your ghetto blaster having the right battery capacity and a good working alternator wiill make your sounds sounding off.

Then again if you have an electrical short causing the the battery to drain-you'll be back to numero uno-

sdcuneo

September, 10, 2007 AT 7:30 AM

Well right now im at school, but after school im pretty much going straight to autozone and im going to have them check it just to be safe so that I know for sure that it is in fact either the alternator, or the battery, or like you said, both.

What's BTDT?

September, 10, 2007 AT 4:06 PM

= Been there done that

sdcuneo

September, 10, 2007 AT 5:55 PM

I did finally make it to autozone and they tested my car, and all they came up with is that it was just a simple dead battery (since the *loaner* bettery was in there, there was in fact, nothing wrong).

Apparently I was the 3rd person in that day with the same problem. It's been extremely hot and humid around here lately.

But I got one almost exactly the same for about 50 bucks, not bad I dont think, especially since I needed one with top and side post terminals. : D

September, 10, 2007 AT 6:17 PM

Well am glad that you got it taken care off- Always perform all the basics when you have a car problem-you never know