CUTLASS OLDS 51000 MILE TIE ROD BENT

1991 Oldsmobile

kysweet56

February, 28, 2007 AT 12:43 PM

I drove into a ditch and was pulled out by a pick up truck. Now it appears my tie rod was bent. My steering wheel and tires are all out of balance. How expensive and hard is this to replace? Is this something that can be done at home by someone with a moderate amount of car experience?

CHEVYII

February, 28, 2007 AT 12:56 PM

It realy depends onwhich tie rod end was bent, if it was an inner you will need special tools if it was the outer no biggie, minimal tolls required, I would call the tow company if they infact bent it and have thme pay for the repair, if you have the tools you need and would like some help let me know

thanks, jim

oh and if you are happy with the info please leave some feedback we all donate out time here helping people for free

kysweet56

February, 28, 2007 AT 4:41 PM

Thanks Jim, I found the info very helpful. Unfortunately, it was a friend who pulled me out of the ditch. Hopefully I will get lucky and its the lesser of the 2 evils! HA! Thanks again, Denise

Replace Tie Rod End
Power Steering Fluid Flush Acura MDX 2000-200
Power Steering Pump Replacement Chevy Tahoe