Oil leaking

JAMES GLINSKI
  • 1992 ISUZU TRUCK
I have oil leaking from a rubber hose that's coming out of my engine block right where the motor mount mounts on the passengers side. I'm loosing a lot of oil. What is it and how do I stop the leak? Thanks, Jim
Thursday, May 28th, 2020 AT 2:06 PM

KENNY K
Can you get a picture of the line and post it to the thread so we can see what you are dealing with and we will be able to identify the line? Thanks
Thursday, May 28th, 2020 AT 4:36 PM
JAMES GLINSKI
Okay, I'll try it's in a bad place.
Friday, May 29th, 2020 AT 8:06 AM
KENNY K
Sounds good. Even if you get a more general picture and just point to a portion of the line we will be able to better orient ourselves to figure this out. Thanks.
Friday, May 29th, 2020 AT 8:31 AM
JAMES GLINSKI
Hi, the white stick points to the tube and there high resolution if you zoom you can clearly see it. The last picture is the area of the problem.
Saturday, May 30th, 2020 AT 12:24 PM
KENNY K
Are you able to follow the line and see where the other end leads? Does it go to the EGR? The gas pipe should come around the back of the engine to that location and I am just wondering if this line was melted by that. It is hard to tell because of the location but if we can locate the other end of the line, I am sure we can figure out next steps. Thanks
Saturday, May 30th, 2020 AT 6:27 PM
JAMES GLINSKI
When I noticed the problem it was covered in dirt and oil. It doesn't seem to have another connection. It's a steel pipe nipple embedded down in the motor mount area. An exploded diagram might tell more.
Monday, June 1st, 2020 AT 4:43 AM
KENNY K
Yeah. Unfortunately we don't have an exploded view of this. The service manuals on older vehicles like this are limited.

Can we try and spray it down as much as possible with parts cleaner and then get a closer picture? Unfortunately this system will not allow us to zoom in so I am hoping to send that to a couple guys that have the same engine and they can identify it. Also, I don't think we need the light that you were using because that was a little too bright. Thanks
Monday, June 1st, 2020 AT 7:01 PM
JAMES GLINSKI
Here's a cleaned up picture zoomed etc. Sorry wrong image next! Okay got it.
Saturday, June 6th, 2020 AT 12:31 PM
KENNY K
If this is engine oil that is leaking out then only thing I can make it out to be would be a line coming from the engine and going to the filter. So the line has come off and this is where the leak is. However, the filters are normally connected directly to the block so I am wondering if it is a bypass. What is the oil pressure when you are running the engine?
Monday, June 8th, 2020 AT 7:03 PM

Sponsored links