ENGINE MECHANICAL PROBLEM1995 NISSAN TRUCK 6 ...

1995 Nissan Truck

j_linn

May, 26, 2010 AT 9:00 PM

1995 Nissan Truck 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Manual

My truck started missing badly and does not accelerate well, but it idles normal. I already replaced the fuel filter, distributor cap and rotor, plugs and wires. This did not fix the problem. No codes showed up on the computer at all. What could possibly be the problem?

bluelightnin6

May, 26, 2010 AT 9:09 PM

Is there engine light on? Check fuel pressure and inspect spark at plugs to ensure they have healthy blue sparks.

j_linn

May, 26, 2010 AT 9:12 PM

There is no engine light on, and the spark plugs, and plug wires have just been replaced, along with the distributor cap and rotor, and the fuel filter. The fuel pressure was checked and was at 40 lbs.

bluelightnin6

May, 26, 2010 AT 10:03 PM

Just because plugs are new doesn't mean they are getting good spark. Also check cylinder compression

j_linn

May, 26, 2010 AT 10:12 PM

Thanks will check, have also been told that a few different sensors could be bad such as the oxygen sensor, airflow sensor, throtle position sensor, or the pressure sensor. Does this sound like it could be the problem to you?

bluelightnin6

May, 26, 2010 AT 10:13 PM

Could be but faulty or failing sensors will almost always set off the engine light. Without it setting the light, it would be a guessing game as for which sensor to replace

j_linn

May, 26, 2010 AT 10:20 PM

Thanks I was also just told that the shaft seal on the distrbutor could of went bad, otherwise I have no idea but thnks for your help

Spark Plug Replacement Ford Explorer 4.6L V8
Spark Plug and Wire Replacement Ford Mustang
Spark Plug Replacement Honda Element