RUNS UNTIL YOU TOUCH GAS PEDAL

1987 Nissan Truck

dtom

April, 25, 2008 AT 11:55 PM

1987 Nissan Truck 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Manual 310000 miles

I have a 1987 nissan pickup, v6, 3lt, d21, and its fuel injected. Truck will start and idle great, after a few minutes if you touch the gas pedal it will cut out like you have turned the engine off. It also smells like you have flooded the engine. Try to restart and it won't. I need to wait for quite a while before it will start again, but when you do get it to start and touch the pedal it will cut out again. I have already replaced the o2 sensor, distributer & rotor, new injector 2 years ago. Have spent about 1000.00 to diagnose problem on my own. I am so frustrated with the truck, and I am thinking about taking it to the dealer, but I will need to tow it there and that costs 80.00 and then the dealer will charge me 96.00/hr to diagnose the problem. Also there is no check engine light on this particular model of truck. Also does a fuel injected vehicle have a choke? Probably a stupid question but I needed to ask.

April, 26, 2008 AT 12:38 AM

Inspect and test the airflow meter/throttle sensor and idle switch-

No - a fuel injection system has no choke -cold start valve and coolant temperature sensor are used for fuel enrichment during cold starts.