FUEL INJECTED ENGINE

1986 Nissan Stanza

kralyn

June, 24, 2009 AT 3:44 PM

1986 Nissan Stanza 4 cyl Four Wheel Drive Manual? Miles

Over the last couple of days I put a new in line fuel filter because the previous one rusted up to much. Before changing the filter the car acted like it wasn't getting enough gas spitting and sputtering until it finally just stopped running. After changing the filter the car doesn't turn over properly and when it does it stays running for only a few seconds then chokes itself out. As far as I am aware you can not flood a fuel injected engine but it gets the same smell as one with a carbuerator would. What would cause the engine to choke out like it does?

Cj Stalling When Idling

Stalling Out

dcluvsme

Check your fuel pump, (in the tank), and fuel pressure. Do you hear a "whine", or "Humm" when you turn the key? If, so thats a good thing. At least your fuel pump is getting power. Could still be bad though.I would start there. Also check your gas tank for water, or rust. Could have gotten in your fuel lines.