1998 Nissan Maxima STARTING CAR

FERNANDO001
  • 1998 NISSAN MAXIMA
I was having problems getting this car started. It turns over but will not start, most of the time draining the battery. I eventualy get it started, most of the time push starting it. I was told to replace the cam sensor and the knock sensor, wich I did. I also replaced the starter, battery, cables, plugs, intake gasket, fuel filter etc. Etc. Let me also mention, once the car is on it runs great! Lots of power, no problems at all once it's on. Whan can you enlight me with on this situation? Please help me, I love this car.
Thursday, March 5th, 2009 AT 7:05 AM

JACK42
Start by having the PCM scanned to see if it has recorded any failures in the engine management system.Then test the fuel pressure to be sure it is up to spec...should be between 34-44 psi at idle, engine off.Also need to use a manual fuel pressure gauge to see if the pump is bleeding down overnight causing this.

http://www.2carpros.com/dia/test_fuel_pressure.htm
Thursday, March 5th, 2009 AT 7:48 AM