ENGINE MISSES AND ERROR CODES?

1995 Nissan Maxima

jlharris

December, 6, 2008 AT 6:32 PM

1995 Nissan Maxima 6 cyl Automatic 146000 miles

1995 Nissan Maxima with very rough idol when stopped. Toke it to repair shop - they replaced #4 fuel injector, all spark plugs, and coil, and associated items. Worked OK after repair for about two weeks - not alot of driving (about 100 miles). Started doing the same thing. Took it back and they came back with P0170 and P0173. Repair shop says I need to now replace the #1 and #2 fuel injectors and all associated parts. I politely declined and drove away.

1) I can't find P0170 and P0173 on the list of codes for Maxima. The write up says Fuel Injector System Fault - Bank #1 and #2.
2) Doing a codes check myself on the check engine light I get 86 and 65 (misfire of #4).
3) Does a 95 have ODBII codes from 1) and can I get to them to verify? If so, do the codes from the check engine light link in anyway to the ODBII codes like listed in 1)?

obxautomedic

December, 6, 2008 AT 7:05 PM

Here are the defs I have for the code you posted.

P0170 Fuel Trim Malfunction (Bank 1)

P0173 Fuel Trim Malfunction (Bank 2)

Sounds more like it possibly a fuel pressure problem. Check your fuel pressure.

Also how did you go about getting the 2 digit codes you listed.

And go by your local Auto Zone and have them pull codes for you they will do it for free.

Post findings here in forum.

.