WHEEL ALIGNMENT, TIRES

Nissan Altima

paulyt23

June, 3, 2007 AT 10:10 PM

I have a 2001 Nissan Altima with 86,000 miles on it. I noticed that my car was pulling a lot to one side, so I took it in for a wheel alignment. The shop realignmed my car and had me get two new front tires. After the alignment, my car drove straight, but I noticed a lot of vibration in the steering wheel and seat. I took it in to a different place to get all four tires balanced, and it helped, but the problem is still there after I go above 60 mph. Is there vibration because of uneven tire wear, since I have two new tires and two old ones, or is there another issue here? Thank you.
Paul

Service Writer

June, 3, 2007 AT 10:27 PM

Why didn't you take it back to the first shop?

It sounds like a bent rim, tire balance problem. If you feel it in the steering wheel, then it is in the front. The new tires need to be checked for a wobble, rim problem or balance issue. The first shop I would expect to do this at no charge, unless somethinng else is unlikely uncovered.

Upper Control Arm Replacement