3.5 SE - ROUGH IDLE

2003 Nissan Altima

JPerrydore

May, 14, 2007 AT 9:42 AM

My 2003 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE is idling rough. The car has 64,000 miles on it and I've had issues with the car in the past. When I 1st purchases it (1 year ago, w/ 48,000 miles) the car drove fine for about 6 months, then it was bucking and such. I brought it to the dealer and in the end they had replaced the Mass Air Flow sensor twice, the car's computer twice, the cam sensor, fuel pump, & engine mounts.

Well, now I have a rough idle, I'm assuming I need a tune up, but I bought the spark plugs to replace myself, but it appears the rear 3 plugs are under the throttle body. I just want to know if this is somethng I can do or if I should bring it to a mechanic?

Thanks.

KaMo

May, 19, 2007 AT 2:26 AM

If you're good with your hands it's pretty easy but I'd agree, replace the plugs and wires and check for vacuum leaks in the intake section and a dirty throttlebody. That is usually the cause of bad idle.

Vacuum Leak Test and Repair - All Cars
Cylinder Head Valve Job Guide
Fuel Injector Replacement Ford 5.4L V8