HIGH IDLE

2002 Nissan Altima

r_cdelossantos

April, 1, 2008 AT 2:23 PM

2002 Nissan Altima 4 cyl Wheel Drive Type unknown Automatic 93299 miles

Please help, I took my car for an oil change ONLY. Guy called back to say my bill was $147 because he changed oil, air filter, (2) cans of carburator conditioner, and reset engine light. My engine light wasn't on when I took my car in. Now my car is runing at idle 1500 tack and the engine light is still on. Took it back to him yesterday he said the code is telling him there is an air leak after the mass airflow sensor, and he checked everything and can't find the leak. He cleared the code & said it could be some kinda electronic board. I complained since I only took it in for the oil change, and he went ahead without my permission to do the other work. This morning the engine light came back on again. What do you think could be the problem. How would my car act if he sprayed in the mass airflow sensor?

legitimate007

April, 2, 2008 AT 6:20 AM

Yes if he sprayed that mass sensor then he probably damaged it. But lets hope not. Check all of your vacuum hoses I mean diligently because its so easy to over look something especially a vacuum leak. You can take a can of carb cleaner an mist it in all areas of the engine. If the idle changes then your leak is in that area. Good luck let me know what happens

Vacuum Leak Test and Repair - All Cars