2000 Nissan Altima Throttle control motor relay open P1126

MURRAY6
  • 2000 NISSAN ALTIMA
Service engine soon code p1126 I am told that this means that the throttle control motor relay is open. I have been trying to locate that relay to replace it. I can locate no such relay. Can you please give me any info possible re such relay.
Thanks Kim
Friday, January 9th, 2009 AT 7:38 PM

JACK42
My software doesnt even show that code on its list and the locator shows no such relay. If the light is still on, I would suggest getting a second opinion.
Friday, January 9th, 2009 AT 7:50 PM
BLUELIGHTNIN6
Hello
Thanks for the donation.

The service code P1126 on your Nissan indicates a faulty thermostat, not a relay of any kind.

If you would like to test your thermostat before replacing it, perform the following operations.

Get a pot of water heating on a stove, suspend the thermostat in the water by tying it to something that can hang across the top of the pot with some ordinary string, use a thermometer (one that can at least stand the boiling point of water which is 212 degrees farenheit). Put the thermometer in the water along with the setup and watch the temperature. At around 190 degrees, the thermostat should open up indicating that it operates normally. If not, then it is defective, or it is rated to open at a different temperature. There is usually a stamp or engravement at the butt of the thermostat that shows its temperature rating.

If the tets proves the thermostat is working properly, replace the defective engine coolant temperature (ECT) sensor.

Hope this helps.
Thanks for using 2carpros. Com!
Friday, January 9th, 2009 AT 7:51 PM