1994 NISSAN ALTIMA BRAKE LIGHTS

• ekim13ab
  • 1994 Nissan Altima

1994 Nissan Altima 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic

the brake lights stay on, I replaced the brake light switch, all the bulbs, I even disconnected the switch and manually touched the wires together, still on all the time, only way they will turn off is either pulling out the fuse or disconnecting the battery

Monday, January 5th, 2009 AT 4:46 PM

• ImpalaSS

Hello -

To better assist you is your model a GLE, GXE, SE or XE?

Is the stop lamp on the spoiler or high mounted on all the time or just the tail stop lamps?

If the spoiler or high mounted light is not on all the time does it come on when you hit the brakes? Another word is it working okay verse the tail brake lights?

Which fuse are you pulling 23 or 18?

Monday, January 5th, 2009 AT 9:55 PM
  • ekim13ab

I'll have to check which fuse I pulled,
but both the 3rd brake light inside the rear window and the regular brake lights all stay on

i changed all the brake, tail, turn and 3rd brake lights just to be sure, affter I had changed the switch

thanks for your help

Tuesday, January 6th, 2009 AT 9:12 AM
  • ImpalaSS

Hello -

Great info. Thanks

Oh - you may have forgotten. To better assist you is your model a GLE, GXE, SE or XE?

Let me know which fuse. Reason I ask is it appears that your brake switch operates one set of brake lights and the light switch the other.

Please pull one fuse I asked and see what happens. Which lights go out or all. Then plug back in and do the other.

Tuesday, January 6th, 2009 AT 3:53 PM