Need to retrofit for cabin air filter

CFT67YGV
  • 2006 CHRYSLER SEBRING
Is it possible to replace my current HVAC motor assembly in my vehicle (behind the glove box which doesn't have a slot for a cabin air filter),

with an HVAC motor assembly for a 2007 Sebring which does have a slot for a cabin air filter?

Apparently, my vehicle does not have the air filter slot, but if it was a 2007 Sebring, it would have one. Can I just upgrade the motor assembly with the next model year?
Saturday, June 4th, 2016 AT 11:51 AM

WRENCHTECH
You cannot even imagine how much work you are talking about even if it could be done and I doubt it can. The blower housing is part of the entire HVAC housing. Removing that housing requires, evacuating the refrigerant system, removing the entire dash and removing and disassembling the entire HVAC housing. All that just to get a fresh air filter that most manufacturers more of a hazard than a help.
Saturday, June 4th, 2016 AT 1:12 PM