MY ZX5 VIBRATES ENTIRE VEHICLE ON STARTUP.

2002 Ford Focus

christopher100

February, 15, 2014 AT 12:30 PM

The ford focus vibrates loudly when starting engine. It also starts at 2000 rpm or more then lowers after a few seconds. After the vehicle reaches normal operating temperature, the vibration is gone and everything is ok. I have had an upper motor mount which went bad replaced. It seems as if this cold weather is causing this vehicle more problems.

homer1967

February, 15, 2014 AT 3:50 PM

Any check engine light? Any codes present? It sounds like you may have a bad idle air control valve. And as far as the vibration, that is very common on these cars and what I have discovered is that it is usually caused by the lower rear transmission mount going bad. But fix the high idle issue first. Try disconnecting the battery, first positive then negative for about 15 minutes, then hook it back up, first negative then positive and drive it for a day and see if it improves any.

christopher100

February, 16, 2014 AT 3:25 AM

There is no check engine light on and I have had an idle air control valve placed on the ford focus zx5.

AmJade

April, 12, 2014 AT 4:13 PM

I have the se problem! Does yours jerk into reverse?

homer1967

April, 12, 2014 AT 7:50 PM

You may have a vacuum leak, possibly at the manifold or p.C.V. Valve.I would suggest that you take it to a shop to have a smoke test done to check for any vacuum leaks when it is cold.

AmJade

April, 14, 2014 AT 2:45 PM

Now my car won't go into reverse at all. Still a vacuum leak?

homer1967

April, 15, 2014 AT 6:25 PM

No, I think you have bigger issues now.

Windshield Wiper Blade Replacement Mercedes
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Subaru Legacy
Wiper Blade Replacement Scion XD
Windshield Wiper Replacement
Wiper Blade Replacement GMC Yukon
Headlight Bulb Replacement Volkswagen Jetta
Dynamat Door Installation