MITSUBIS CRANKS BUT WONT START

1987 Mitsubishi Van

paul8299

1987 Mitsubishi Van 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive 80000 miles

I have replaced the Ignition Coil, Spark plugs and Cables, and the Starter. The engine will crank but will never start. My next part to be replaced will be the distributor rotor and the cover. Is it possible that the Timing Belt could be causing the engine to not start?

Do below to determine if its fuel or spark problem then comeback.

Get a starting fluid or ether and spray into the carb or the throttle body on an EFI. Did it start and die? If not disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine -have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors- Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it

paul8299

January, 18, 2009 AT 9:19 AM

Thank You.
My Mom is from Guam, I lived there lived there in 1978 for a year, before joining the Navy with my cousins and some other friends from George Washington High. Anyway thanks for the response, I will be checking the electrical system next.

Thanks!

If you need more help let us know

ddstar

January, 29, 2009 AT 3:50 AM

My bf has a 1990 Ford F150 and can't get it to start. That is the problem these days. Two months ago it was just that it would die out on the road at idle and we have been following a lot of tips here on this site, particularly YOUR advice rasmataz. It has been a great help. But if its not one thing, its still another. Its been 3 months now and he has replaced so many parts of the truck. We would like your advice personally, if theres a way you can message me here. Si Yuus Maase

darlene n ray

January, 29, 2009 AT 4:08 AM

Buenas - Chagi este

I want you to find the EGR valve and clean it out and also test the sensor on it. Further check the idle speed control air bypass solenoid and the throttle position sensor. Let me know what's going on

Familian Mackin

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right