2002 MITSUBISHI TRITON HEAD GASKET

• Shark73
  • 2002 MITSUBISHI TRITON

2002 Mitsubishi Triton Four Wheel Drive Manual 196000 miles

Hi there,

My car has had high oil pressure and my mechanic started by looking at oil pump, after finding no fault(9hrs) he tells me oil filter housing has valves, so he looks there and finds damage which is now fixed(4hrs). Puts it back together then says head gasket is gone so we fix that. Upon tightening head he strips thread and has to throw away gasket and helicoil new thread. My question is should I have to pay for the first 9hrs when there was a cheaper fix to look at first and should I pay for 2nd gasket plus labour to re do head? Surely stripping a thread and the wasted gasket is on him as its poor workmanship

Tuesday, September 28th, 2010 AT 4:16 AM

• Rasmataz

Hi shark73, Welcome to 2carpros and TY for the donation

A blown head gasket will not cause the oil pressure to go sky high, if the oil pump pressure relief valve is stuck closed it will cause the oil pressure to go high. A problem with the oil filter will cause a low oil pressure-If its me I won't give him a penny-He messed-up he should pay the price due to his inaccurate diagnosis. Best take your vehicle somewhere else or he's gonna do more damages-Good Luck

Tuesday, September 28th, 2010 AT 4:32 AM
  • Shark73

Problem now is I have to get car off him! Is stripping a thread common or only done through fault. I guesss fault

Tuesday, September 28th, 2010 AT 4:37 AM
  • Rasmataz

Due to his carelessness

Tuesday, September 28th, 2010 AT 4:42 AM