MITSUBIS CAR HESITATES ON ACCELERATION

2003 Mitsubishi Shogun

maximus999

February, 18, 2010 AT 3:20 PM

2003 Mitsubishi Shogun 4 cyl Four Wheel Drive Manual 124000 miles

Hi, I have a 2.5td 4d56 engine in a shogun sport (montero) on a 2003 plate, I have a problem when accelerating. When I apply the gas there seems to be a point were the car seems to hesitate when speeding up but when I put the gas pedal down fast it dosent hesitate. Another way to describe it is say I am travelling along at 30mph and cruising and take the gas off and apply it slightly it seems to jerk then grab and pull. I have recently added a power upgrade chip which works wonders and I have recently replaced the clutch, timing belts, oil filter and oil, fuel filter and air filter. Hope you can gie me an indication Thanks Ian

Jack42

February, 21, 2010 AT 8:04 AM

Did it do this before the chip upgrade and other work?If so you may want to have the PCM scanned to see if it stored anything in the failure records. Could be too many different things to guess at.

maximus999

February, 22, 2010 AT 5:00 AM

Thanks for the reply. It done it before I put the power module on I have recently changed the timing belts. Could it be that it is out slightly on the timing

Jack42

February, 22, 2010 AT 7:05 AM

Possibly, rechecking the belts would be a good place to start. Have to make sure it is solid mechanically before going after electronics

Vacuum Leak Test and Repair - All Cars
Mass Air Flow Sensor Clean Ford Explorer 1995
Mass Air Flow Sensor Clean Toyota Tacoma