2003 MITSUBISHI SHOGUN CAR HESITATES ON ACCELERATION

• Maximus999
  • 2003 MITSUBISHI SHOGUN

2003 Mitsubishi Shogun 4 cyl Four Wheel Drive Manual 124000 miles

Hi, I have a 2.5td 4d56 engine in a shogun sport (montero) on a 2003 plate, I have a problem when accelerating. When I apply the gas there seems to be a point were the car seems to hesitate when speeding up but when I put the gas pedal down fast it dosent hesitate. Another way to describe it is say I am travelling along at 30mph and cruising and take the gas off and apply it slightly it seems to jerk then grab and pull. I have recently added a power upgrade chip which works wonders and I have recently replaced the clutch, timing belts, oil filter and oil, fuel filter and air filter. Hope you can gie me an indication Thanks Ian

Thursday, February 18th, 2010 AT 3:20 PM

• Jack42

Did it do this before the chip upgrade and other work?If so you may want to have the PCM scanned to see if it stored anything in the failure records. Could be too many different things to guess at.

Sunday, February 21st, 2010 AT 8:04 AM
  • Maximus999

Thanks for the reply. It done it before I put the power module on I have recently changed the timing belts. Could it be that it is out slightly on the timing

Monday, February 22nd, 2010 AT 5:00 AM
  • Jack42

Possibly, rechecking the belts would be a good place to start. Have to make sure it is solid mechanically before going after electronics

Monday, February 22nd, 2010 AT 7:05 AM