2008 MITSUBISHI OUTLANDER ACTIVE STABILITY CONTROL (ASC)

• ddykman
  • 2008 Mitsubishi Outlander

Brakes problem
2008 Mitsubishi Outlander 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 43000 miles

When driving today in the snow. A warning came up on my dashboard screen that said "Service Required!&Quot; and "ASC Off". The service engine soon light also came on, and the vehicle began to loose power when I slowed and it nearly stalled. When I got home and brought the vehicle to a stop just before pulling it into the gargage it did stall. I attempted to re-start it several times, and each time it stalled and wouldn't run unless I kept my foot on the accerator pedal. I finally shut off the ignition, pushed the car into the garage and let it rest. After about 5 minutes I re-started the vehicle. It fired right up and ran like usual. It continued to idle fine, and the warning displays on the dashboard screen were gone and everything appeared to be normal except the service engine soon light remained on. Any ideas what would cause the ASC warnings to go off? Is this related to the starting/idling problem? I plan to take the vehicle into th local dealership, but they're not open until Monday.

Saturday, February 21st, 2009 AT 11:25 AM

• trblzm

IF ASC LIGHT STAYS ON AND WONT SWITCH OFF BY SWITCH ON DASH IT HAS A FAULTY STEERING ANGLE SENSOR BEHIND STEERING WHEEL

Saturday, March 7th, 2009 AT 4:07 AM