Okay basically your key ignition is set up so that when you are cranking your engine over, the coil or coil packs are pumping out a full 13.8 volts to your distributor to basically get all of the fuel burnt and to start it. As soon as you let off the key after it is started, it should be putting out about 7 volts to the spark plugs. There should be an inline fuse somewhere along your wiring coming off the key. It should be blown so all you have to do is replace it, and you will be on your way.[/Quote:2812ea0fc6]
Thank You very much for the reply hoffman. I will check any fuses per your response. Though during the replacement there were 2 so called fuseable links but they only appeared to look like normal press and release electrical connectors that were connected inline to the POS battery cable. Anyway, I will make a thorough check for a fuse issue and if I cannot find the problem, possibly just purchase a new starter/solenoid in hopes that it is the solenoid causing the voltage problem. The only reason I say this is because I can't recall any inline fuses except for the fuse panel under the dash, though this will be checked first very closely for any aging or blown fuses.
Wednesday, June 13th, 2007 AT 3:17 AM