MASTER CYLINDER

Mitsubishi

Mrthet

July, 11, 2007 AT 12:59 PM

I have a 91 mitsubishi eclipse 2.0 turbo that has a bad master cylinder, first of all where is that located, second my friend has a 91 plymouth laser 2.0 non turbo that doesnt run, could I swap that master cylinders?

JAVA motorsports

July, 11, 2007 AT 1:25 PM

The Master cylinder is under the hood right in front of the steering wheel on the firewall. It is the thing you put brake fluid in. And I am not real sure as to the lazer master cylinder working on your car. I would take your Master cylinder off and take it to see if thay look the same.

Mrthet

July, 11, 2007 AT 1:44 PM

Ok he says it was pretty new, so I would assume it works, but I took off the hoses and when I tried to take off the 2 brake lines, the wrench I had fit perfect, but it would just start to strip it out, am I taking off the bolts wrong?

JAVA motorsports

July, 12, 2007 AT 11:26 AM

No it is not anything you are doing wrong. You need a line wrench, it looks like a boxed in with a notch cut out so you can get the wrench over the line. If that don't work then you can use a pair of vise grips. But only use the vise grips if you have to because it can cause some pretty bad damage.