ENGINE LIFTER

Mitsubishi

aaronhui

August, 20, 2007 AT 3:20 PM

I have a 99 Mit Eclipse Spyder with a 2.4L SOHC 4G64 Engine. The engine has 133,000 miles on it.

Recently, I was driving and while accelerating, the engine chokes on me and then I heard loud ticking noise from the engine. I took it to a few shops to look at it, and they all think that it is the lifter problem.

They all recommend me to get a used engine and replace the whole engine. Is there an other way to correct the problem? Can I simply replace the lifters?

Thanks.

Aaron

M_H_RITZEL

August, 20, 2007 AT 3:33 PM

Did they say it was the lifters or think it was? Lifters can be replaiced, but it is time consumming. Get estimates on repairing the lifters from a couple of garages and get estimates on how much a used engine would cost with instalation.

aaronhui

August, 20, 2007 AT 3:40 PM

They said it was the lifter. Could it be something worse than that? I have also gotten some quotes for replacing the engine, it will probably costs about $2000. But I just can't find an engine right now to get it fix? Hard to find 4G64 engines. What would be your recommendation?

M_H_RITZEL

August, 20, 2007 AT 4:11 PM

Just looked around a little found that c jee. Com/mitsubishi. Htm and e bay motors have some, on e bay they range from 500 to 1500
if you can't get through just type in
used mitsubshi 2.4 sohc 4g64 engine on you browser

aaronhui

August, 20, 2007 AT 4:25 PM

Does the Galant 2.4L SOHC 4G64 engine fits the eclipse?

M_H_RITZEL

August, 20, 2007 AT 4:41 PM

I believe it is the same engine, there might have to some minor changes but should work, but not possitive. Did you check out the other inf I sent to you

aaronhui

August, 20, 2007 AT 5:11 PM

I have checked the other info, but I only found 00-02 2.4L SOHC engines for eclipse, which I know for sure is a different engine. I also need one that fits the manual transmission, and I found a few that are for automatic.

Can you send me the direct links to the different source you have found the engine?

M_H_RITZEL

August, 21, 2007 AT 2:35 PM

I looked at cjee. Com/mitsubishi. Htm and the other was just e-bay motors.

Camshaft Angle Sensor Replacement P0015
Engine Cylinder Compression Test - All Cars